The purpose of the FAST Healthcare NetworksPlus is to assist in the initiation of new collaborative Engineering and Physical Sciences (EPS) research in the area of optimising treatment in healthcare. In particular, we are keen to encourage new researchers to enter this field.
A challenge that faces EPS researchers is understanding the real clinical needs that face the healthcare system, and how EPS research relates to this. To address this, we are running a series of focused road mapping workshops. In each of these, we consider clinical requirements, technological responses and barriers to uptake. A Report is produced from each meeting, which summarises the content of the workshop together with a roadmap that shows how EPS research links directly to clinical requirements. We want this to be a tool to inspire EPS researchers who are looking to work in this space.
We have run five workshops:
- FAST Assessment and Treatment of Cardiovascular Disease - 05/01/17
- Digital Health for Remote Monitoring and Self-Management - 05/09/17
- Early Career Researchers Workshop With Asthma UK - 27/11/18
- Development of Raman Spectroscopy as a Tool for Detection of AMR and other Clinical Applications - 11/12/18
- Early Detection of Cancer - 18/2/2020